Sunday 8 April 2012

Spring Into Fitness - Week 1

Start small, scale quickly...perhaps ;)

Earth
There is no set eating plan but I suspect there won't be a plan, even by the end of the challenge. I've have organic weetabix (wholegrain wheat cerealwith skimmed milk twice this week and only two rolls on potato scone - a good achievement as this is my regular breakfast at work. Today, after Lent, I have returned to eating crisps - I still enjoy them but I don't crave them, so much, so it is a good start. Chocolate - I can take or leave.

Air
I have bookmarked a couple of web sites for breathing exercises, done only a little extra housework but I have opened the windows to let the fresh cold air sweep through the house. I joined the forum on Philosophy Now and noticed that there is a post on the Happy New Year thread for last year's solstice, which was intended for the traditional January 1st wishes, and a discussion on Is Wicca the way forward? which I think I should join in.

Water
I have been a bit more chilled and tried not to over-think emotionally. I do need to buy more peppermint tea and some green tea for work but I am taking less coffee. I have been taking more hot orange and blackcurrant drinks to combat my dreaded lurgy.

Fire
I've been a bit off colour so exercise is out for now, although I do love the broomsticks! Dancing to Rockin' In The Free World by Neil Young, which was being played by my friend's band Rosewood on Friday night may count ;).

Spirit
Maybe not as caring, considerate and thoughtful of others as I could have been, as I squeak hoarsely and sleep lots to get over my physical lurgy.

Week 1 Thou Art Goddess Challenge (Optional)
I performed The Fivefold Kiss for the first time during the full moon, which was fitting for me to do so as I have been told that I have been channeling Goddess energy for most of the year. Unfortunately, I could not find any of my incense but used candle smoke for Air - which is another reason why I need the Challenge. But I did find my favourite incense today :).

Tomorrow is another day - and the start of Week 2... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

*paraphrased from The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley